The Grinnell Firm, PSC Do You Have An Emergency?
Contact Us Now

Is your divorce agreement set in stone?

It's easy to assume that you're stuck with the agreement you made during your divorce for the rest of your life. But divorce judgments can - and often should - be modified when circumstances change significantly for you, your ex-spouse or your children.

Some situations where a divorce modification may be appropriate include the following:

  • There is a big increase or decrease in the earning potential of you or your ex
  • One parent is moving far enough away to make visitation much more difficult
  • One parent has become very sick, faces criminal charges or is otherwise unable to care for your children
  • The children have significantly different financial or emotional needs now than they did at the time of the divorce

These and other situations can warrant changes to alimony, child custody, child support or visitation arrangements.

Modification process

You'll usually return to the same court where you originally filed your divorce to file your motion to modify.

If you think you'd like to petition a court for a divorce modification, a divorce attorney can help you through the process - and help you convince the court that your circumstances have changed enough to justify your request.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Tell Us About Your Situation. We Will Contact You Back Promptly.

Get Started

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Consult an Experienced Florence Family Law Attorney

Our Florence divorce lawyer is happy to answer any questions you have about divorce or any family law matter. Call 859-DIVORCE (859-348-6723) or email us to schedule an appointment. We can assess the facts of your case and recommend the best steps to take next.

The Grinnell Firm, PSC
71 Cavalier Boulevard
Suite 127
Florence, KY 41042

Phone: 859-408-7159
Fax: 859-919-2155
Florence Law Office Map